- leads city's annual budget process
- prepares monthly financial statements for the city council
- reconciles all bank statements
- tracks expenditures and transactions for all departments
- assists the City Administrator & City Clerk with financial information when needed
- assists all department heads with budgetary projections and balances
- invests the city's idle funds
- fields questions from city staff, committees, and public regarding the financial accountability of the city
Kechi prepares a budget every year, that sets property tax revenue and spending limits. The budget acts as a spending plan for the city. Budgets must be submitted to the County Clerk by August 25th every year for the upcoming fiscal year.
Budget Books: Kechi has worked to create a more detailed and transparent budget document for citizens beyond the state forms.
State Budget Forms
City finances are reviewed annually by an independent auditor.
Kechi's Mill Levy
one mill = $1 per $1,000 of assessed valuation
Kechi has one of the lowest city mill levies in the Wichita Metro.
2014 Property Tax Dollars
Your property tax payments are divvied up to fund multiple functions city, county, and statewide:
(amounts may vary depending on your residence)