- leads city's annual budget process
- prepares monthly financial statements for the city council
- reconciles all bank statements
- tracks expenditures and transactions for all departments
- assists the City Administrator & City Clerk with financial information when needed
- assists all department heads with budgetary projections and balances
- invests the city's idle funds
- fields questions from city staff, committees, and public regarding the financial accountability of the city
Kechi prepares a budget every year, that sets property tax revenue and spending limits. The budget acts as a spending plan for the city. Budgets must be submitted to the County Clerk by August 25th every year for the upcoming fiscal year.
Budget Books: Kechi has worked to create a more detailed and transparent budget document for citizens beyond the state forms.
State Budget Forms
City finances are reviewed annually by an independent auditor.
Kechi's Mill Levy
one mill = $1 per $1,000 of assessed valuation
Kechi has one of the lowest city mill levies in the Wichita Metro.