Last Updated on Thursday, 01 March 2012 09:25 Thursday, 16 February 2012 11:20
- Strategic Plan
- Complete as best possible.
- Integrate into our Comprehensive Plan.
- Kechi - Bel Aire Collaborative Effort
- See the Community Capacity Building Grant Program through to “Project” should Council so desire.
- City Code Enforcement
- Carry through with all the hard work to this point.
- Plan and execute successful:
- Home Show
- Kechi Home Tour - Conjunction with Parade of Homes
- Make our phone system work for us
- City Wide Picnic Day
- No agenda picnic
- Council Working Retreat
- Ride Along with Kechi Police Officers
- Learn to operate every machine, go on call outs, mow lawns with the Utility Department
CITY HALL/CLERK’S OFFICE
- Integrate a portion of the court software program with the Police Clerk to alleviate duplication of work load. Specifically, entering citation data for cases.
- Providing necessary information to both the court and police department statistical records.
- This should add any work load to the Police Clerk as this is already being done in a separate data base. This would free up time for the City Clerk as at this time she serves as the Court Clerk. Software provider indicates this can be done by giving the Police Clerk authorized access to the City Server. However, the court program at this time is not installed on the server to my knowledge. This would need to be done to provide access.
- Possibly host a region 5 district meeting with other City Clerks of our region. This has to be an educational meeting for a day.
- Price and Investigate for presentation to the City Council electronic Marquee Sign Options to be paid out of the Capital Improvement fund. Follow up on the initial work done by the Mayor.
- Paint for hallway and clerk’s office
- Paint /Patch Community Center
- Change out the rest of AMR water
- 200 Water firefly AMR (76.50 ea. = $15,300)
- Change out the rest of AMR gas
- 140 Gas firefly AMR (62.10 ea. = $8,694)
- Finish concreting parking and maintenance area
- 40 yds. concrete parking (80.00/yd = $3,200)
- GPS utilities and training on equipment and setup since computer upgrade it needs fixed correctly.
- ($1000.00 Plus Travel expenses)
- Fix drainage at Southwest corner of 61st and Oliver with concrete pad and wall to look similar to North side.
- Concrete Pad and Walls 6 yds. concrete (80.00/yd = $ 600)
- Put in Fire Hydrant along Hillside between 61st and 53rd
- ($ 3,000)
Kechi Police Department
- New Report Management System for police reports and records
- Current RMS is very outdated (program is over 15 years old) and is not compatible with the electronic submission requirements for the Kansas Bureau of Investigations or with the Kansas Department of Transportation.
- Current RMS vendor is out of business and updates are impossible
- Officers dread using the system for current reports because the program in not very user friendly.
- Current RMS only works in the office and forces the officers to do all reports in the office when they could do them while in the patrol car and stay on the streets.
*Example: Officer creates reports on every traffic stop they make. With current software officers do not have to spend over an hour in the office filling out traffic stop paperwork for the several stops they made throughout the day. Instead, they can do the report just after finishing the traffic stop and then continue to patrol when they are done.
- New RMS will provide officers with a more user friendly program which will help save time and allow officers to be out on patrol for more time during their shift. It will also assist with flashover which allows officers to type out personal information then that information is transferred to all other necessary reports without having to be re-typed. New RMS will support the requirements for KBI and KDOT for electronic submissions.
- Cost will be in the range of $13,000-$25,000.
- New Patrol Car
- The Goal I have for the police department fleet is to be able to trade out vehicle every two years. This goal was created because historically our trade value for overused patrol cars has been very low. With a two year rotation on the cars the City of Kechi should get the most amount out of the trade and provide a better purchase price on new cars. This strategy should also assist in wear and tear repair bills with higher mileage cars.\
- The 2008 Charger has 64,000 Miles
- The new 2010 Charger has 16,000 Miles
- Current pricing is high due to Parks Motors loosing there Fleet pricing abilities. There is a call into other dealerships to get pricing.
- Parks Motors quotes a 2011 Charger at $31,352 – $32,850
- Digital Police Radios
- By the start of 2013 all emergency service radio band width will go digital. This means that the current police radios will be useless as far as police use.
- Previous Research has shown that the radios will cost from $2,000-$3,200 each. This cost should cover all accessories that are needed such as chargers, lapel mics, and battery.
- There is a state lease program, however, it contains an interest rate and will cost more money in the long run. I think the lease is for 10 years which is a concern due to the advancement in technology.
- We are currently looking into any new information that might assist us with cost such as grants and new lease interest amounts.